Bath salts used to be very popular, particularly prior to the days of showers.
Those of us who love our baths, well know the benefits of a leisurely soak in the tub. However, the addition of bath salts can boost this simple form of therapy.
Aradia Naturals bath salts are made with 100% pure essential oils, along with rock salt, sea salt, and one thirds Epsom Salts (magnesium sulfate).
Salt (sodium chloride) is said to help skin to be soft and supple. Along with helping to detoxify, salt can relieve the discomfort of insect bites, minor rashes, and calluses. It can also help with conditions such as athlete’s foot, eczema, and psoriasis!
Epsom salt in bath soaks act as a skin cleanser & exfoliator, as well as believed to help relieve:
- Bruises, sprains, sore muscles
- Sunburn, Poison Ivy
- Tired or swollen feet, ingrown toenails
Essential oils also have therapeutic qualities. There are many essential oils to try in the bath, but here are some useful ones you might try:
- Eucalyptus (sore muscles, flu, colds, breathing, general aches and pains, cooling)
- Lavender (relaxation, stress relief, skin soothing, sunburn, insomnia)
- Lemon grass (uplifting, revitalizing, jet lag, skin care)
- Patchouli or wood derived essential oils (grounding, calming, de-stressing)
- Peppermint (promotes circulation, cooling, energizing)
- Rose Geranium (hormones, PMS, stimulating or relaxing)
(Warning: If pregnant, or if you suffer from a medical condition, consult with a physician or pharmacist before using essential oils. In particular, avoid baths of peppermint and cedar woods if pregnant, as these are very “drawing” oils.)