Too busy? Too effortful? Stretched for time? Feelings of guilt?
Self pampering is an important part of health and wellness. Why then do so many of us fail to do it? Too often, our bodily needs get put onto the back burner. What a shame this is because, when we pamper our bodies, what we are in fact doing is healing our body, replenishing our energies, and increasing our overall life satisfaction.
The beauty of pampering ones body is that ANYONE can do it!
Body pampering does not depend of your income level, your physical location, your fitness level, or anything like this. Pampering one’s body can be as simple as drawing in a few deep breathes, stretching ones muscles, sipping a cup of herbal tea, or choosing the healthier food option. It can even be as simple as slowing down and becoming mindful of your surroundings, and your inner state. These simple acts can help you to become aligned with healthful being.
Why not commit to a body pampering regime?
It doesn’t have to be complicated. It doesn’t have to be expensive. It only has to be healthy. Perhaps you can start by identifying the areas of your self care you are forgetting to heed.
Not getting enough sleep? Possible solutions:
- Start winding down earlier in the evening so you are ready for sleep sooner.
- Schedule regular massages with a family member or professional. (Try the Muscle & Joint Therapeutic Oil)
- Soak in the bath, with bath salts, bath oils, or essential oils before bed.
- Enjoy a cup of calming herbal tea. (Insomniac’s Tea, Tension & Headache Tea, Cozy Blanket Tea)
Body Pain? Address the causes. Do something about it, if possible.
- Therapeutic bath soaks
- Learn about which herbs and essential oils may help.
Skin not looking its best? Possible solutions:
- Eat more fruits and veggies, and drink more tea and water, cut back on processed foods/drinks.
- Cleanse your skin properly. Sugar scrubs, facial masks, and non-irritating soaps will help. Use only natural skin care products.
- Try some herbal teas made for this issue. (Clear Skin Tea, Herbal Detox Tea, Yerba Mate Tea).
Once you have identified areas that need your attention, decide how much time you want to give each one.
Make a plan!
What time of day works best for this particular issue? How many times per week do I want to do this? (e.g. Take daily healing baths, get bi-weekly massages, figure out a good skin care regime, replace harmful products with healing ones.)