Non-Toxic Coconut Shell Charcoal
About Coconut Shell Charcoal
Coconut Shell Charcoal Cubes are a 100% natural, sustainably produced, premium charcoal that burn up to three times longer than most other charcoals. They are non-toxic, tasteless and odorless. They will produce no sparks when lit. These charcoal cubes may be used in Shisha or Hookah pipes for smoking, or with incense resins such as frankincense, myrrh, and other natural resins or herbs of your choice.
Because these coconut shell charcoal cubes contain no sulfur or other chemical burning agents (i.e. are not "quick lite"), they cannot be lit with a cigarette lighter. Instead, you may place cubes directly into a low flame of a gas stove for three to five minutes, taking care to remove them with tongs. If you do not have access to an open flame, you can place the cubes directly onto a hot electric stove element for three to five minutes.
Once the charcoal is glowing red, remove it with tongs and quickly place it onto a bed of sand in an incense bowl or plate. Small stones may be used in place of sand. If you are using a metal censor, sand may not be necessary, but exercise caution since the vessel will become hot.
Choose your resins and place a few chunks directly onto the hot charcoal. Add more as needed. Your charcoal should burn continuously for 45 minutes to 1 hour. *Charcoal cubes can be brushed off and reused if they have not burned down completely.
Package contains 8 Charcoal cubes.
- Always place your burner on a heat-resistant surface, such as a trivet or ceramic tile.
- Position your incense away from drapes, lampshades, and other flammable objects. Never burn incense inside closets or hang anything above burning incense.
- Keep your burner away from open windows and drafts.
- Never leave burning incense unattended.
- Make sure all your incense materials are completely extinguished and cold to the touch before discarding (i.e. incense, matches, ash, charcoal). Even ashes that appear cold may have hot embers within. Use caution.
- Do not use an aluminum pie plate for your incense burning as it will melt.